Montgomery County – Farm Tour
SARE PDP Extension & Community Partnerships
Goals: Bridge the gap between urban consumers and rural producers by providing means of awareness and education of the local product & services movement.
- Create an agricultural experience for non-ag individuals
- Promote Local
- Provide an understanding of the farms and farmers.
- Build the relationship of local farmers and consumers.
- Bridging the gap between consumers and farmers.
Key Sub Activities
- Tour planning meetings
- Assistance with design and evaluation
- Coordinate with connecting Extension agents
- Farm Tour Visitor Readiness Training
- Farm Tour
- Promoted local food and goods.
- Connected local growers with consumers.
- Educated non-ag individuals in the ways of agriculture
- Fostered farmer/consumer relationships
Evidence of Activities, their Quality & Outcomes
- 6 Agents/Staff planned and prepared
- 8 volunteers worked tour (16 hours)
- 5 agents/staff worked tour (30 hours)
- 12 individuals took 2 hour readiness training