For more information about this position, or to apply online, visit the North Carolina State University employment website: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/110654
Essential Job Duties:
The University Program Associate will provide technical day-to day customer service and support of the operations of the Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS) in particular, providing grant management support services and event management support to program staff. In addition, this position will stay up-to-date on program policies and procedures to effectively communicate them to clients, will problem solve as needed, and will maintain accounts and records to support reporting needs. Finally, this position will play an important role in the administration team of CEFS and will operate under the direction and supervision of the administrative lead of the organization.
Many of the initiatives of CEFS are public outward facing initiatives, and this position will be expected to positively interact with outside partners.
Essential duties of this position include:
- Under the direction of the supervisor, this position will provide grant management support to a number of initiatives of CEFS. This includes, but is not limited to completing general bookkeeping duties, maintaining and adhering to timelines, supporting the development and submission of grant actions (budget modifications, no cost extensions) with PI’s and University personnel, and assisting with processing purchase orders.
- The position will be responsible to processing and tracking work transactions as issued. This may include but is not limited to, transactions involving accounts receivable and accounts payable for a variety of organization and initiative events. This position will also be responsible for generating reports of these activities as needed, and thus, maintaining accurate records of tasks performed will be necessary.
- CEFS is a diverse organization with programs and initiatives operating across the State of North Carolina, therefore it will be a critical task of the position to maintain productive, professional and collaborative work relationships. The incumbent is expected to provide timely, clear, accurate and courteous responses to internal and external clients. This includes following up and resolving matters independently or by referring to the expertise and advise of their supervisor or colleagues.
- The position will be responsible for effectively and professionally communicating with a diverse group of colleagues, faculty, campus units, and external partners in both written and verbal formats, including electronic communication when relaying program information, requesting information, and/or documenting work pursuant to guidelines. In addition this position, in its support of program initiatives, will be responsible for employing active listening and remaining open to other’s ideas and thoughts while developing a work path forward; this is especially so when working to support PI’s and Co-PI’s on grant management and with event leads.
- The position will be looked upon to maintain systems for data management and monitoring for events and grant projects in order to prepare reports, or data for use in presentations or other communications.
- The incumbent will be expected to clearly explain, interpret or demonstrate the use of data management tools to program staff or colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Departmental Required Skills:
- Experience with standard office procedures.
- Proficient with MS Office, Adobe, and Google Platforms.
- Ability/Aptitude to have a quick uptake on learning and navigating university systems.
- Use of data/financial management tools such as excel spreadsheets, google forms, and university systems.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
- Graduation from a four year accredited college or university with a degree in accounting, business administration, finance, public administration or a related degree.
- 1-3 years experience in the area of assignment.
- Experience with accounting and budgeting.
- Knowledge of Wolftime, Marketplace, P-card, WRS Reporting System, NC State travel system, PMR System, RADAR, and MyPackPortal platform.
- Must have knowledge and familiarity with the CEFS program, including its mission and community based food system initiatives. Familiarity of the work of CEFS through the CEFS website and online social media platforms.
- Knowledge of federal, state and university policies as they apply to fund management and grant management, or the ability and capacity to quickly research and reference said policies.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit:
The Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS) is a partnership of NC State University, NC A&T State University and the NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. The Center for Environmental Farming Systems develops and promotes just and equitable food and farming systems that conserve natural resources, strengthen communities, improve health outcomes, and provide economic opportunities in North Carolina and beyond.
Apply at https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/110654. You will be prompted to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
AA/EOE: NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.