For more information about this position, or to apply online, visit the North Carolina State University employment website: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/100761
Anticipated Hiring Range: $15/hour
Essential Job Duties: This position will support the general Business Office work of CEFS. This position will be part of the Events Logistics Team and will participate in the logistics of all CEFS events (about 25 small to medium sized events per year and 3-4 being over 500 participants). This position will be part of the Administrative Working Group and will support the CEFS Business Manager in supporting all the business functions of CEFS and the 50+ CEFS employees. This position is critical in keeping all aspects of CEFS running smoothly.
Major job responsibilities include:
- Management of various projects at once
- Communicating with a wide range of stakeholders and the general public through email and phone
- Administrative duties
- Event planning assistance and logistics for all CEFS events
- Management and reconciliation of the Event Team credit cards
- Processing financial paperwork, including paying invoices through the NCSU invoice payment system
- Management of state travel paperwork for individuals, large conferences, and events
- Management of existing materials and material requests for individual initiatives and CEFS in general.
- Constant follow up to ensure paperwork has been processed by the state
- Daily management of several large listservs
- Simple yet crucial AV set up for all CEFS events, including maintenance and recommendations of replacement schedule and AV equipment
- Data entry
This position is about 50% doing active work and 50% processing desk based paperwork.
This position will work under the guidance of the CEFS Business Manager. Assignments will often be delivered remotely from agents in the field via email and candidate will need to prioritize based on upcoming deadlines. Superior organization and time management skills are necessary. Attention to detail, excellent follow-through, ability to think on your feet, and communicate effectively are vital to success in this position. Candidate must be able to hit the ground running, and be ready to jump into a busy team. Only candidates with an exceptional work ethic will be considered.
Schedule for this position is 40+ hours per week. Some nights, early mornings and weekend work will be required during events or busy seasons (1-3 per month). Some overnight travel will be required for events. Most events are scheduled a year ahead of time. With exception to certain event blackout dates, schedule is somewhat flexible.
- B.S. in Communication, Business Administration, Accounting, Marketing, Sustainability, Environmental Science, Agroecology, Agriculture or related field preferred.
- Students graduating in Spring 2018 will be considered
Department Required Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication, follow-up, time management and computer and database management skills.
- Must have an interest in sustainable agriculture
- Must be able to travel, possibly overnight
- Excellent work ethic and genuine interest in the work of CEFS
- Must be able to list at least 25 lbs and stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Extremely reliable and excellent team player
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training, and Education:
- Experience in a busy office setting is preferred
- Experience in agriculture related field
- Sense of humor and pleasant demeanor is helpful as the events team works long days in tight spaces
- Highly motivated entry level candidates will be considered for this position
Apply at https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/100761. You will be prompted to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
AA/EOE: NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.