Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application.
The Research Technician performs data collection and hands-on clinical procedures. This position will be located in Goldsboro, NC.
Primary Purpose of Position
The primary purpose of the position is to support the PI to conduct a long-term mixed vegetable farm budget and financial analysis for small farmers. Tasks include production of the mixed vegetables, management of the mixed vegetable plot, and data collection and recording using EXCEL.
- Specific research responsibilities include, but not limited to, field preparation, transplanting, weeding, trellising, plant upkeep, harvesting, general project maintenance such as weeding and mowing premises of projects, research data collection and processing, and draft technical research reports and manuscripts.
- Participates in general laboratory maintenance, orders supplies and helps maintaining/stocking supplies, scheduling repair of equipment.
Associates degree with 2 years farming experience 3 years preferred or bachelors degree in horticulture science, crop science, or a closely related field desired and 2 years farming experience.
- At least 2 years of mixed vegetable production experience (organic and non-organic)
- MS Word and Excel for reporting and data entry and arrangement
- Weekend work required occasionally
- Greenhouse/high tunnel experience
- Experience using large equipment such as three-point hitch tractors and PTO driven implements
- Experience using power tools and basic building skills
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training and experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Please note that the application period for this position has been extended, if you applied to posting SPA1343 you do not need to re-apply to be considered.
40 hours/week, 12 months
$37,000 – $39,788