May 25, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm| $35
Pork Demonstration Registration Information: Due to limited space, the first 25 PAID registrants receive a spot in the pork demonstration class. All other registrants will be put on a wait list and be notified if a spot becomes available.
This all-level seminar, presented by NC Choices and NC Cooperative Extension, is geared toward NC pastured pork producers interested in taking their business one step further on-farm and off.
Topics covered include:
- Alternative Feeds & Developing Good Forage
- Maximizing Meat Quality
- Cost-Effective Infrastructure, Welfare, and Best Management Practices for Pastured Pork
- Determining Costs, Capital Investments, and Pricing Your Pig
- Local BBQ Lunch: Update on NC Choices/NCGT Local Meat Survey
- Improving Silvopasture Systems in the South: Suitable Forage Crops and Upland Forests
- Wholesale Versus Retail: Side by Side Pork Breakdown Illustrating Two Ways to Process Pork for Wholesale and Retail Markets. Includes Pork Butchery Demonstration.*
- Building Your Market Round Table: Determining Markets, Scale, and the Right Mix for Your Farm
* Due to limited space, the first 25 PAID registrants receive a spot in the pork demonstration class. All other registrants will be put on a wait list and be notified if a spot becomes available.
Speakers Names/ Titles:
Ryan Butler – Green Button Farm
Dr. Mark Knaur – NC State University, Department of Animal Science
Casey McKissick – Foothills Local Meats
Lee Menius – Wild Turkey Farm
Roddy Pick – Greenbrier Farm
Silvana Pietrosemoli, CEFS and NC State University, Department of Animal Science
Dr. James T. Green – NC State University, Department of Crop Science, Emeritus
Dr. Eric van Heugten – NC State University, Department of Animal Science
More information available at: www.ncchoices.com
Registration[separator style_type=”single|dashed” top_margin=”20″ bottom_margin=”20″ sep_color=”” border_size=”” icon=”” icon_circle=”” icon_circle_color=”” width=”” alignment=”center” class=”” id=””]
Registration Fee: $35 (Includes ‘Grab and Go’ breakfast with local buttermilk biscuits and local breakfast sausage; a local, BBQ plate lunch; snacks, and beverages.)
Register Online: http://go.ncsu.edu/porkshop
Registration Deadline: Friday, May 20
Registration Payment Options:
- Credit Cards: CEFS can now accept credit cards for your registration fees. (COMING SOON!!! Still Under Construction)
Visit https://commerce.cashnet.com/NCSUCEFS, click on the “Pasture Porkshop” tab and follow the directions.
- Checks: Please make checks payable to “NC State University” and leave memo line blank. Mail check and copy of registration form to: Center for Environmental Farming Systems, Attn. Lisa Forehand, Box 7609-NCSU, Raleigh, NC 27695