High Tunnel Workshop Training
January 14, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - January 15, 2020 @ 3:00 pm| $20
Join us for a 2-day workshop on High Tunnels!
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT
High tunnels are low-tech, low-cost tools that allow growers to extend the growing season of vegetables and small fruit crops, potentially increasing market opportunities and farm profits.
DATES: January 14-15, 2020
TIMES & TOPICS:
Day 1: January 14th @ 12pm-4pm (Intro to High Tunnels)
- Day 1 Workshop topics include:High tunnel basics, plasticulture for high tunnels, hands-on demonstrations, Plastic mulch and drip irrigation demo, overview of different high tunnel structures.
Day 2: January 15th @ 9am-3pm (Advanced High Tunnels: Prep and Use)
- Day 2 Workshop topics include: Site selection, orientation and construction, microclimates, crop choices and succession planting, soil fertility and cover crops, irrigation and fertigation, training/pruning/trellising, integrated pest management, small machines and implements for high tunnel production.
- Dr. Sanjun Gu, Horticulture Extension Specialist
- Randy Fulk, Extension Associate – Horticulture Production
- John Kines
LOCATION: Service Building at Cherry Research Farm | 604 Farm Road, Goldsboro, NC 27530, NC United States Google Maps
About this workshop:
- Coffee, light snacks and lunch will be provided for registered participants.
- Please bring a reusable water bottle and dress for the weather as parts of the workshop will be outside in the field.
This workshop is supported by NC A&T Extension.